MAHARASHTRA SHIKSHAN SAMlTl’S
MAHARASHTRA MAHAVIDYALAYA, NILANGA
RE-ACCREDITTED BY NAAC “B” GRADE WITH CGPA 2.67
INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
Maharashtra Shikshan Samiti’s Maharashtra Mahavidyalaya, Nilanga is situated in a rural area near Maharashtra-Kamataka border in the Tehsil of Nilanga, Dist. Latur. It is an affliated college with Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded and is established in 1970. Being one of the oldest institutions in the university, the college has earned good reputation in the past few years. The college is actively engaged in various academic and social activities which caters quality education to the rural area students from nearby villages. The college is an excellent pioneer of higher education since it is run under the potential supervision of our Principal, Dr. V. L. Yerande. The college has recently acquired “B” grade from NAAC in its re-accreditation in September 2012. The college has established an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as per the norms of UGC and NAAC. This Cell actively engaged in promoting various student centered activities in the college. The present vision document is an attempt to focus light upon both, short term and long term goals of the college.
Key Points: The IQAC will work -
1. To improve the quality of higher education through various academic activities and student support activities in the college.
2. To enhance the infrastructural facilities for both, male and female students.
3. To provide departmental reading rooms for students in the college.
4. To establish a good and hygienic canteen for both students and teachers in the campus.
5. To introduce P.G. courses in subjects like Chemistry and Botany (NAAC Committee Suggestion) and M.Sc (Computer Science)
6. To set up active placement cell and enhance its ef?ciency through tie ups with different institutions.
7. To encourage students to participate in various competitions across the country and to help them in this regard. (Debating, quiz, Maths and Commerce competitions, Talent search exams etc.)
8. To provide various Career Oriented Courses (COC) along with traditional courses for better employment opportunities. These courses will run on Sundays and holidavs for better conduction.
9. To provide free health checkups for female students on a regular basis.
10. To encourage faculty members to register for Ph. D. and to motivate them in completion of their research work.
11. To encourage the statt members to apply for financial assistance from various institutes like UGC, ICSSR, lCIHR, Indian Science Academy, DST etc. for the completion of their research work.
12. To organize Conferences/Seminars/Workshops/Symposiums etc. in different subjects like Chemistry/Zoology and Economics/ History.
13. To organize remedial classes for students in subjects like Chemistry, English, Accountancy etc.
14. To establish a well equipped Competitive Exams Cell for conducting various classes, coaching and competitive pre-exams like MPSC, UPSC, and Banking etc.
15. To set up strong Grievance Redressal Cell for both students and teachers.
16. To implement student adoption scheme in the college.
17. To strengthen the departments like NSS, NCC, Earn and Learn etc.
18. To organize Soft Skills and Personality Development workshops for teachers as well as students in each semester.
19. To make students aware about the environment though various activities like workshops on Rain Water Harvestirng.
20. To provide a full fledged business lab for the commerce students.
21. To make students participate in various State, National, International level sports competitions.
22. To provide various playgrounds like Lawn Tennis and Basketball to the students and develop their skills through sports.
23. To promote various study tours in all faculties (at least one in every faculty)
24. To make the Bank Visit Program compulsory for Commerce students.