National Service Scheme
N.S.S. Moto – Not me but you.
Eligibility of students Under Graduate students
Duration 02 Year
Intake Capacity 150
Name of P.O.
Dr. G.G Shivshette
M.A. M. Phil B. Ed Ph.D. in Hindi
Last 02 Years
Dr. S.G. Benjalwar
M.A. M. Phil NET. SET. Ph.D.
Last 02 Years
Aim & objectives of NSS
Aim: Personality Development of students through community service.
- To Understand community in which they work,
- To Understand themselves in relation to their community
- To Identify the needs and problems of the community and invoice the in problem solving process
- To Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- To Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems.
- To Develop competence required for group Living and sharing of responsibilities.
- To Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disaster and practice national integration and social harmony.
Activities of N.S.S Dept. ( 2013-14 to 2017-18 )
- Regular Activities
NSS volunteers generally work with villages, slums and voluntary agencies to complete 120 hours of regular activities during an academic year. As per the Fundamental principals of National Service scheme, a volunteer is expected to remain in constant touch with the community, Hence it is of vital importance that a particular village/slum is selected for implementation of NSS program.
- Adoption of Villages.
Adoption of a villages and area is a very meaningful program In NSS.
Year wise adaption of villages.
2013-14 - Madansuri
2014-15 - Nelwad
2015-16 - Nanand
2016-17 - Ansarwada
- Survey of the Village Area
- Survey of the slum area
- Literacy Survey
- Value Education in volunteers
- Health Check-up camp
- Red ribbon club / world AIDS Day
- Quami Ekta Week- Communal harmony Campaign
- Environment Awareness
- National Integration Day
- Teacher’s Day
- Sadbhavana Day
- Republic & Independence Day Celebration
- Constitution Day Celebration
- Birth Anniversary of the various social, political
Cultural etc. reformers.
- Celebrate of the National Youth Week & Day
- Celebration of World Wome’ns Day Celebration
- Orgranize per academic year NSS Dept. Blood Donation camp
- Awarness of voters for Election
Special Camp Activities :-
2015-16 Yuvati Shibir
2016-17 Chicholi (B)
Special camping programmes
- Environment awareness
- Rural Development
- Tree Plantation
- Leadership Development program
- Value Education
- Social Responsibilities Awareness
- Health Check-up – Camp (Human & Veterinary )
- Study of Socio-economic survey of the community
- Waste water management program
- Road Building
- Counselling the community on various problems
- Organize yoga workshop
Future Plan :-
- To organize NSS Alumni in the unit
- To organize the Disaster management workshop
- Leadership Development Divisional /University level Workshop